Jefferson County & Colorado History Sites
Jefferson County: History
Jefferson County: A Chronology of the History of Jefferson County, Colorado
The Denver Public Library Western History/Genealogy Department
Glen Isle, Oral History, Barb Tripp
Et cetera – CHSM provides these Conifer-area web site links for your convenience, but does not necessarily endorse them.
Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce
Conifer Area Council
My Mountain Town
Conifer Community Park at Beaver Ranch
Conifer High School
Other Foothill Area Museums
- Morrison Natural History Museum – The Morrison Natural History museum showcases 125 years of paleontology and research in the Morrison area. The museum features dinosaur bones and interactive exhibits.
- Hiwan Homestead Museum – This museum is located in an authentically preserved 1890’s log cabin. The 17-room lodge houses local history exhibits and educational programs.
- Buffalo Bill Grave & Museum This museum is filled with artifacts honoring the famous western scout and showman William Cody; better known as “Buffalo Bill.”
- Golden History Museum and Park – See 1800s cabins and a one-room school. Play with music and science. View real Golden history in our digital photos. With three sites, there is something for every visitor.
- School of Mines Geology Museum – Mines Museum, home to one of Colorado’s two Goodwill moon rocks collected during the Apollo 17 mission, had its beginnings in 1874 with the collection of geologist, Arthur Lakes, and includes the historic Colorado State Mineral Collection created by the Bureau of Mines in the 1890’s. The museum serves as the state repository for Colorado’s mineral heritage and showcases the most extensive public collection of minerals from Colorado.